Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

overjoyed

The past several weeks have been some of the most peaceful I have known in quite a while. I simply can't do anything but give glory to God for bringing me through one of the most wearisome experiences yet. "Thank you Jesus for bringing me here..."

I've felt like God brought me out of the dark woods with perfect timing. Honestly what else should I expect? He is perfect. Since I've been freed from my "quarter-life-crisis," I've noticed friends and family around me who feel as I did - lost, confused, wandering about, trying to figure life out, curious about what they're really doing. My heart is, at first, broken for them because I know their pain and that they probably spend time weeping quietly at home alone. But that is quickly followed by joy when I realize that I have a gift of hope to offer them.

If you feel this way, know that you are right where God wants you to be. Trust Him. Know that He has a plan that is going to bring you out of your own dark woods, and when you come out on the other side, you'll understand why the journey had to happen. You'll come to see why it was worth all the questions without answers, the silent tears, the empty sighs, and the burdening weight of uncertainty.
You will know joy. 
You will know peace. 
You will find purpose. 
Seek after God. Conform yourself to the character of Christ. And speak truth to yourself constantly, "My God is good. He has promised a purpose for me. I can, and I will, put my faith in that."

Because no matter how many new hobbies you take up, how many tricks you try, how many self-help books you read, or how many people you surround yourself with, there is only one thing that will satisfy the longing of your heart, and that is knowing and being in His presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment