Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

treading water

Currently I am in a very uncomfortable season of my life. For several months now, I have been uncertain about what to do with my life and my time. When I moved to Dallas, I was so excited and so ready for new places and new people, and I was completely ready for the Lord to use me in a place I knew very little about.
But nothing has really happened yet.
I have made friends, and I'm always pleased to see them. I have gotten involved with my church and the Chi Alpha ministry at SMU, and that has been a blessing. And of course my husband is wonderful company. But when it comes to the rest of the five eight-hour days of the week, I am continuously asking myself what to do with each day, and am only disappointed at the end of the day. With it now being summer, there is even less to do.
I would not mind having a job (I would actually love it), although I have no clue what I would look for. My music has been very dry and lacking in creativity, and I have little motivation for it. I am dabbling in web design, but I know it will be some time before I have any real talent with it. All in all, I feel as though my days are being wasted, and I am without any sense of direction. This is most troublesome.
I came here without a doubt of knowing that God wanted me here and had purpose for me being here, and I was so ready for it. Now my faith is dwindling as I struggle to keep my head above the water trying to see if the ship of vision is actually coming. I know I cannot quit treading water, or I will die here in the materials of our apartment and "easy Christianity." But I have cried, screamed, and begged God to give me even one small task to serve Him with, and yet the desert goes on without quenching. My study in His word seems to fail me as I seek His promises to deliver and to sustain and to give life, and I remain dry and shackled to my lack of hope. Perhaps I am not doing enough? But even when I try to do more, I only find myself discouraged in the end.
I pray that I have not been overlooking God's will or missing any plain signs He may have given. It is hard to know if you have missed something when you do not know what you are looking for exactly.
I guess I will keep waiting and watching. He must show up eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment