Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

making changes

How do newlyweds "settle?" Because I sure haven't figured it out. Jay and I have had so many changes in just the first four months of marriage, that we're still very disorganized and a bit cluttered. Even when I clear out stuff and donate items and furniture, the endless mess seems to never diminish. And still, somehow, "I use all of this stuff!"
It's a funny thing trying to settle into a place you call home. When we got married, I moved in with Jay into his apartment, so it didn't feel so much like "home" to me, but more like shoving myself somewhere (although it was a nice place). Then we moved, so immediately everything's messy and disorganized (and sometimes lost). And then, when I think we're getting into a groove, "My little sister's coming to school up here. She can live with us!" There goes the extra space. Time to rearrange. Hahaha!
It's amazing how many changes take place in so short of time, and I know it's good for us. Change has actually been shown scientifically to help your brain keep from going "stale," and to grow new neurons to trigger new paths to keep your brain active and healthy. At the same time, change allows a bit of uncertainty and a lot of questions as to how this will work. But, the best part is that it opens another opportunity to depend on God to take care of everything just as He promises.
Even through the clutter, great things will happen, and Jay and I believe my little sister is coming here with purpose, not just for herself, but for us and our family as well. I think the Lord's going to do something sweet here in our little apartment. I look forward to all that unfolds in His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment